After a nice run there is only one thing that I can think of that will make me happy. I’m sure your thinking a nice hot shower, right? Nope, a nice cold beer!!!!! Beer IS the best recovery drink, it’s science. Here are my Top Ten favorite post-run brews. Bottoms up!
10. Keystone Light, Coors Brewing Company – I always race good on Keystone. Pre-Race beer exclusively.
9. Pumpkin Ale, O’Fallons Brewing Company – Thanksgiving dessert in a bottle! CHEERS!
8. Anchor Steam, Anchor Brewing – I’m on a boat!
7. Hop Czar, BridgePort Brewing Company – My running bestie and I always drink this beer together! Can you say Hoppy Hour!?!
6. Boulevard Pilsner, Boulevard Brewing Company – I only put this in there because I support local brews!
5. Good JuJu, Left Hand Brewing Company – Hey if Antoine Kuprica drinks it, you know it’s good.
4. 8 Bit Pale Ale, Tallgrass Brewing Company – Galaxy hops enough said.
3. Hell or High Watermelon Wheat, 21st Amendment Brewery – Best beer of my life, made of unicorns and rainbows. Good luck finding it in KS or MO
2. A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale, Lagunitas Brewing Company – When you are having a crappy day, drink this. My fallback beer. Sunshine in a bottle.
1. PBR, Papst Brewing Company – Can’t beat the best. PBR = Water.
What are your favorite post-run beers?